Even when using the anonymous posting feature please keep in mind that any and all of the information you provide when using any of the tools on this website may not be private. It may be seen by any other user of this site, and you should assume no expectation of privacy. While much of the content is restricted to members only, not all of it is--and Family Law Board has limited control over how information is further disseminated by its membership. I wouldn't say anything about a judge that you wouldn't say to their face. I warned you.
You must follow these Terms:
- Don't use this website to help you break the law. Don't break the law at all and you will be fine. Any laws. No, not even that one. No laws at all. Don’t break laws.
- Don't use this website to send anyone a virus or similar malicious piece of software. Don't even send a chain letter through it or excessive pictures of adorable kittens. Doing these things isn't nice and may be against Term No. 1 anyway.
- Do not try to access anyone’s account other than your own, and don’t try to access any part of the site, its servers and equipment, etc. that you aren’t clearly authorized to use. This is a friendly no hacking zone.
- Do not republish anything you find on this website. Family Law Board reserves the right to do this as necessary to administer and advertise the site. Let’s be clear on this one: you hereby grant Family Law Board perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium or technology now known or later developed. If this alarms you, I may have overstated it. Feel free to ask for clarification. This means that if I use a screenshot from the site on a flyer and it has a few words on it that you composed, don’t lose your mind over it—you agreed to it already.
- Do not reverse engineer this website, review its source code, stare creepily at it, mine it for data with evil spider software, or anything similar for any nefarious, slightly nefarious, or completely non-nefarious purpose. If you need something, ask the administrator and he will probably help you get what you need.
- Please do not use this website to spam, annoy, harass, etc. If you need to use the site to get the word out about a service you provide, just let the administrator know. He might release a free advertisement banner area for member use or authorize you to make a tasteful post—or he might even endorse your product or service. If you don’t ask first he might just delete your offending content and potentially hurt your feelings in the process.
- Use this site at your own risk. Bad things could happen. The site was created without the intention of encouraging bad things to happen, but you never know. The site is modular and had many features which are being tested and are at various states of being rolled out. Being on the cutting-edge of whatever communications fads are catching on at any given time means we are all test subjects like rats in a maze. I will try to warn you if a feature is untested, but it’s safer to assume everything is broken all of the time and plan accordingly.
- Family Law Board has provided, and intends to provide, very little actual content. The idea here is that Family Law Board provides communication tools and the community can use them however they will (except as limited by these terms, of course). This means that most of the actual content on this site was created by fallible humans and might contain mistakes, etc. Don’t defame/slander/libel someone, etc. or you might be in violation of Term No. 1 and you might get your content deleted, and you might become unwelcome on the site (that might be why your login isn’t working anymore). It’s not your telephone provider’s fault if you assault someone with a telephone cord, right?
- Family Law Board takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for anything you upload or share. I HAVE PROVIDED THIS WEBSITE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. I MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, INFORMATION OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT WILL BE ERROR-FREE. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FAMILY LAW BOARD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. I WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES. I fully expect features to come and go frequently on this site, so I provide no guarantees that the features available when you first signed up will be available later on. I expect to dynamic nature of the features here to generally be a positive aspect of this site. So let it be written.
- Don’t impersonate anyone. Use your real name or a fake name you have invented or use an anonymous feature where provided (provided but never guaranteed). If you want Family Law Board to post something on your behalf, I can do that—but I will most likely say something along the lines of “posted on behalf of so-and-so” or “posted with the permission of so-and-so” assuming, of course, that your real name is So-and-so. Family Law Board may impersonate people or invent personas and have a fake conversation with itself if things get slow on the board. Who knows? That right is reserved for me but not for you. It’s fair. Don’t worry about it.
- Did I mention nothing is private? Nothing is private, even if I intended or hoped it would be. Don’t post/upload/etc. anything if you wouldn’t embroider it and display it on your office wall or blurt it out in court or on television.
- This website is not for providing legal advice. Don’t mistake the fact that there are a bunch of attorneys hanging around giving advice and opinions. That isn’t the same thing. There are no attorney-client relationships formed here. Even if someone on this site tells you, “I am now hereby creating an attorney-client privilege” it isn’t true. They aren’t authorized. If you accept any advice on this site you accept any outcomes yourself. Don’t come crying to me later, because I warned you and waived my liability and all such manner of things.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Family Law Board and its acquaintances, officers, directors, friends, employees, affiliates, best friends, agents, licensors, BFFs, and suppliers harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable (or unreasonable) attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms by you or any other bad behavior you have engaged in or plan to engage in that is related in any way with this website or any of the tools you get here, etc. True story.
- If a law contradicts any portion of these Terms, it is silly and should be immediately overturned via whatever legislative means are available. Until then, though, you should follow it. I didn’t mean to imply otherwise.
- Don’t panic.